
(I got this recipe from parents magazine)
Jeremiah absolutely LOVED these Popsicles I made yesterday...they are super yummy and a healthy alternative to the traditional Popsicle (although we do have those too..I must admit). Here is the recipe.
Stir together 2 cups of low-fat vanilla yogurt (however I think I may try strawberry yogurt next time) and 1 cup assorted chopped berries. Spoon into 4-oz. ice pop molds; cover with foil. Use a sharp knife to cut a small hole in and insert the cut side of a halved pretzel rod. Freeze until firm and remove foil and mold when ready to serve (run boiling water over the mold for a minute or so and then try and remove the Popsicle...don't pull on the pretzel). Store for up to a month. Makes 6. Nutrition per pop. 99 calories; 1g fat.
*My only complaint was that the pretzel was a little to thin and therefor broke off about 1/3 of the way into eating the Popsicle...I want to see if I can find thicker pretzel sticks out there and use those instead. Jer absolutely LOVED it though.



1 comments:
A pretzel ROD would work. Those are the fat pretzel sticks that you see dipped in chocolate.
Post a Comment