The last 2 months I have doing my weekly grocery shopping at Henry's (healthy food store) and trying to buy primarily organic. Now, don't get my wrong....we do eat out at least once a week and still run through the drive through every once and a while. I have bought the reusable fabric grocery bags and take them with me every time I go...I basically am trying to "GO GREEN" and help the environment and help prepare healthy means for my family. I am not perfect but I am definitely trying. I figured if I get Jeremiah in the GROOVE of healthy eating now...then he will hopefully continue to like it through the rest of his life...it will be "normal" to him. Any who, with that being said...here is a healthy summer snack that I prepared since the hot summer months are soon approaching. Healthy Popsicles:
-I bought a pack of make your own Popsicle trays (about $3 @ Target)
-I bought one container of "naked juice" (it has NO added sugar...it is ONLY real fruit that has been juiced)
-I poured 3 cups of naked juice into a measuring cup
-I added 1 cup water (to thin it out...it makes for better Popsicles)
-I mixed it and then poured them into the Popsicle tray and FREEZE
THAT'S IT!!!!
*Not only do you have a healthy summer snack...but you also get some of your needed fruit intake for the day (per Popsicle) and it is SUPER yummy (we got the mango flavor last time).
*This snack works:
-for people that are on a diet (it's just fruit and water)
-for people that have children (healthy alternative to the fun summer treat)
-and for people that just want healthy snacks
This is no new recipe...my mom had just mentioned it to me, I tried it, I loved it and thought I would pass it along.
HE LOVED IT!!!!



1 comments:
So fun! I'm working on figuring out the cheapest way to go organic and the best places to get our food. Eventually I want to purchase a quarter of a cow and keep it in a freezer in the garage....in a few months. Right now I'm comparing a few different stores and the farmers market to see what's best. It's like a treasure hunt :) You know me, I like a good challenge! Didn't think about the fabric bags! I'm so doing that!! and can't wait for Stephanie to enjoy some yummy frozen treats....probably next year ;)Mommy used to make them for us too....
Post a Comment