7.02.2008

New addition to our FAMILY!!!

What is the new addition to our family you ask?????
Yesterday, Kyle came up to me and said "I really want to get a Basset Hound puppy"....so that is what we did. Kyle has wanted a basset hound for about a year and has done plenty of research through out this last year. We bought him Tuesday night around 8pm from a private owner/breeder....he did wonderful last night and I reminded Kyle this morning at 5am that it was his dog when the dog started crying (hehe). Kyle was excited to get up with him and we have been thoroughly enjoying him. Jeremiah has been really good with him (he has only hit him with a stuffed animal once...which Jeremiah got in a lot of trouble for). The only problem that Jer has is he is a bit jealous, but with that being said Jeremiah is always petting him, giving him hugs and enjoying the puppy kisses. I see this as a GREAT learning experience for Jeremiah... he isn't always going to be the center of attention and maybe now it will be even easier for when he has a sibling one day. We still haven't come up with a name for him...I know that is horrible but we are trying to figure one out....we were throwing around the name killer (haha). We took him to the vet today and he checked out WONDERFULLY...nothing is supposedly wrong with him (and this vet has worked with a ton of Basset's). We were so excited that everything looked great because we got a GREAT deal on him...and hoped that it wasn't because he had anything wrong with him. He has an amazing personality and he even lets you hold him while he's on his back (which I guess is a good sign). Both of his parents lived at the owner's home and so we got to see the parents...they looked great and like the typical Basset Hound (that is always good). He has DEFINITELY bonded to Kyle big time (which is so precious)...he follows Kyle around everywhere and loves to cuddle with him. I just found out yesterday that typically Basset Hound Males are anywhere from 65lbs to 70lbs (that's HUGE...but fun)....however my concern was that a male was going to be temperamental....but what I read from multiple sources is that Basset's don't have a big temperament change between the males and females (yay...and he will be neutered). With all that being said...we are extremely excited to have a new member to our family.....there are 4 of us now :). I just realized that I live in a house with 3 dudes.....OH GEEZ :).


my guys



3 comments:

Kristi said...

puppies are the best!!! Now you have a little alarm for your house :) Can't wait to see him!!

Michelle said...

So cute! When you texted me I totally thought you were going to say you were pregnant again! What an adorable little guy! Can't wait to meet him, are you bringing him to the celebration on Friday?

HEATHER said...

yay!! it was sooo fun meeting your new addition.. i hope its not the case where after years the owners and dogs start to look alike.. i can't see kyle with those floppy ears!! congrats on the new family addition.. i was personally hoping for a new baby!!!!