10.29.2007

I'm Home From the Fire! Finally...




Hi everybody, it's Kyle.

Thank you all very much for your prayers and thoughts, it means a great deal to me. The Grass Valley Fire was a lot of work, but I truly enjoy what I do. It was very sad to see all the people's homes destroyed. But that community has become accustomed to the threat of fires over the years and I'm sure the community will recover. One of the homes that unfortunately burned down belonged to one of our firemen. We didn't know it at the time but it was burning about 100 yards away from the house that we were struggling to protect at that point in time. So our fire department's concerns are with him and his family. The people of the Lake Arrowhead community were very appreciative of our presence and our efforts and were very cordial and supportive, offering us supplies, food, drinks, and the all-important socks, and other gestures of kindness that made it easier for us to do our job more effectively.

Chelle was great while I was gone. She made it possible for me to keep going day after day. She would send me pictures and videos of her and Jeremiah on my phone. I would watch them every day to remind me of home. Thanks Chelle.

I was saddened when I could not make it to Ryan and Michelle's wedding. I heard it was a very nice event attended by many family and friends who were there to support the loving couple. I look forward to seeing the video of the event and who knows, maybe they'll transpose me into few of the pictures. ;)

Again thanks to all my family and friends who were praying for me and my family, and thanks to those who helped Chelle and Jeremiah while I was away.

0 comments: