Here are pics of our Home before and after demo and all the remodels we did. Thank goodness the inside is done...FOR NOW!!! We will eventually need to re do the bathrooms since they need attention badly but they will have to wait since a roof will need to be redone first (probably next summer). Here is the list of improvements we have done to the home...and it was all done in 3 months...so glad it's done.
-Put in a new Breaker box (I think that's the right word...I think its a 200 amp)
-Put in recessed lighting with dimmers throughout the ENTIRE house (25 total)
-Removed the wall in between the dining room and the kitchen (Kyle)
-Re-tiled kitchen floor(Kyle)
-Re-painted the entire house and cabinets
-New counter tops(Kyle)
-Re tiled a new backsplash (Kyle)
-put on new powder coated hinges ( http://www.specializedcoating.com/ ), New sink, Faucet, moulding around cabinet (to get rid of the 50's scalloped look) and all new plumbing under cabinet (I'm sure you read about our flood post). (Kyle)
-Moulding on bottom of kitchen cabinets (near floor) (kyle)
-Caulked our ENTIRE kitchen ...thankful though...because nothing has been destroyed by our mini flood. (kyle)
-New carpet
-Removed a pool (Blue Star Pool- Lionel Luna 714-572-1849 or 877-EZ-NEWPOOL)
-New closet bi-fold doors (Kyle)
-All new doors and casing throughout the house
-New door handles (kyle)
-Crown molding in the living room and kitchen
-Removed popcorn acoustic Celine and had them re texture with knockdown
-New transitions throughout the house (Kyle)
-New water heater
-Re textured all the kitchen walls (they were horrible)
-All new faux-wood blinds for the house (they look and feel like wood though...whatever..haha) (kyle)
-French Doors installs in kitchen and patched up old door (Mike Nelson 714-225-3535)
*I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff and if I remember it I will post it but it has been NON stop for the last 3 months...I mean we will just stop for dinner and then Kyle goes right back to working. He would start working on the house at 9am and stop at midnight. I am just so thankful that he is so handy and so willing to do everything because it has really saved us a lot of money and our home looks great because of it. THANKS BABE :).....but we are all so happy that the inside part is done...YAY. He is going to take the next month to study for his engineers test that is coming up in mid June....which is nice because it is something that he has been looking forward to studying for.
This summer we still need to....
-Lay a new gas line for our dryer in the garage (we had a gas leak and they had to shut off the gas to the garage)
-put sprinklers in and lay seed so our grass can start growing...yay (but our gardener will do that)
-build a gate to go across our drive way...opens up our backyard a lot.
*The nice thing about these three projects is that there isn't a dead line or anything and we can live with out them done...except we need a dryer :)...I just LOVE having our house DONE and CHILD PROOF...IT FEELS GREAT!!!!!!!!!





3 comments:
YEA! LOVE IT!! my favorie transformation is the kitchen....even though I was one of the few who liked it before, haha! Makes me want to finish all my little projects....yea right! I think part of owning a home is you always have little projects :) Enjoy!!! We'll be there before you know it :)
I came across your blog as you were a friend on Melissa's (Photograph by Melissa R).
Your photos, before and after, are amazing!!!!! You and your hard workers did a fantastic job!!!! :-) We purchased a foreclosed house in 2005 and although we did not do anything as drastic as what you did it it amazing what a few 'personal touches' will do to a house!
~Meghan
WOW! Your house is beautiful! You guys did an amazing job!
You have great taste too! :)
Post a Comment