(This is from Lambert road.....Yes that is fire...I could only get such a good picture...I was driving)*
NO Kyle is not working any of the fires...yet
*
I understand that TONS of people have had a much LOOOOONGER weekend then I....but I will still share
*
I am not complaining, It has just been soooo crazy that it is cracking me up and I thought you might find it funny.
Friday-
*Kyle Left for work at 5am (doesn't get back until Monday)
*Enjoyed a park day with some friends
*Took Ninja to the vets and had some blood drawn
Saturday-
*Had a lazy morning...watched cartoons and played with Jer alllll morning
*
I am not complaining, It has just been soooo crazy that it is cracking me up and I thought you might find it funny.
Friday-
*Kyle Left for work at 5am (doesn't get back until Monday)
*Enjoyed a park day with some friends
*Took Ninja to the vets and had some blood drawn
Saturday-
*Had a lazy morning...watched cartoons and played with Jer alllll morning
*Called the vet at 9am and found out Ninja has an infection
*Got a call at 10am from my grandma (here's how it went)
Gma- "hey Mich....did you know you have a fire in Brea???"
me- "shut up......HOLY POOP (went outside)....we do!!!"
Gma- "call me back when you find out more" (what a sweet grandma...my house would have caught fire and I never would have known).
*I called Kyle and he didn't know much about it.... I did know that it was 1.5miles from our home
*Got a call at 10am from my grandma (here's how it went)
Gma- "hey Mich....did you know you have a fire in Brea???"
me- "shut up......HOLY POOP (went outside)....we do!!!"
Gma- "call me back when you find out more" (what a sweet grandma...my house would have caught fire and I never would have known).
*I called Kyle and he didn't know much about it.... I did know that it was 1.5miles from our home
*I started packing some overnight stuff, pictures and home videos (just in case). Kyle said "the fire wont hit our home"...he was right...but I wasn't going to wait for it to happen. I needed to run a few errands and didn't want to hang around our house so I put Jeremiah into the car (he was just playing in the back row (not buckled yet) and threw Ninja in the back and went in for one last thing................I came out to the car and the front door had shut (maybe the wind) and it LOCKED!!! YES....Ninja and Jeremiah were LOCKED in the car at noon and it was hot. I immediately called 911 and they stated they would send out a tow truck to open the car ASAP. The 911 lady said if he starts showing signs of distress then call us back....I told her "NO...I will break a window at that point". Jeremiah in the mean time was having a BLAST...he loves playing in the car. He was pretending to drive (yes he got up to the drivers seat)...tried to put the keys in the ignition (oh dear) and NO he would not press the unlock button! I am extremely thankful that we have a VERY well trained dog that has NO temper at all because any other dog would not have put up with Jeremiah. Jeremiah took his truck and hit Ninja with it a few times (Jer was in the trunk at this point)....unfortunately there was NOTHING I could do except Yell and try and get him to stop hitting Ninja. Jeremiah only hit him a few times (still not ok) but Ninja is such a saint and would just sit there and take it....he nibbled back at Jer a few times to tell him to "back off" but I was NEVER afraid that Ninja would do anything. Finally after 15 minutes (WAY TO LONG...even the tow truck guy seemed shocked by 15 minutes)...the tow truck guy came and unlocked it. Jeremiah and Ninja were totally fine...Hot and sweaty but TOTALLY fine...thank you Lord.
*Once I got them out of the car....gave them hugs, kisses, water and some snacks...I put them back in the car and ran our errands. Here are some pics of what it looked like around my house on Saturday.
*Once I got them out of the car....gave them hugs, kisses, water and some snacks...I put them back in the car and ran our errands. Here are some pics of what it looked like around my house on Saturday.


the 57 freeway....on my way to my moms...yes I was multitasking (I was just shooting whatever...I just happened to get some decent pics)
*Then Saturday night I stayed with my mother in law because I didn't want even the CHANCE of getting woken up at 2am by the police telling us to evacuate....NOT my idea of fun!Sunday-
*went to Church
*Jeremiah got ANOTHER letter from the nursery stating that he hit himself in the nose with his own toy on accident (I laughed because that is a daily thing...but they have to report it to me I guess).
*We went to McDonald's to play in their enclosed play structure which was SMOKE FREE!!!
*We got home and Jeremiah was enjoying playing out side when all of a sudden.....
YEP...KILLER CACTUS!!!! He started to SCREAM...I ran over there and he had about 30 or so little cactus needles in the bottom of his foot. There are some cactus on our property from the last owner but they are fenced off...I guess from the wind it may have sent this little piece of cactus into his play area and that's when it happened. I tried to pull them out with my hands, then soaked him in the bath 3 times, then had to pin his hands down with my legs while I pulled out 30 needles. It was horrible...the poor little guy was crying a TON and I felt so bad but I had to get them out. He still has about 15 little pieces left in his foot from when I would be pulling them out and he would move and break the end off. I put a bandage over it and covered it for tonight....maybe they will just fall out :)...I hope!*So that was my weekend....so crazy that it is funny!
*If you think of Jeremiah tomorrow....we would appreciate any and all prayers for the healing of his little RIGHT foot (yes the one he broke)...I just hope all the needles come out.



6 comments:
crazy weekend lady!... glad u guys are safe :).. the locked car incident would have freaked me out.. good for you keeping ur cool!
oh man! That was a long weekend! That would of been the longest 15 minutes of my life! I can't believe they took that long! We will pray Jeremiah's foot heals and that all of the needles come out without having to go to the Doctor!
YIKES!!! Stod and I were thinking about you and the family all weekend. You guys are always in our prayers. I am glad to hear that everyone is safe and sound. I am sorry Jer is hurt I hope all the mean catus needles come out of his foot quickly.
Wow, glad you survived your weekend and all are safe! We had a crazy one as well full of crying, teething, vomit and REALLY dirty diapers.....I've done alot of laundry and was in bed last night at 7:30!! Glad to know I wasn't alone in the crazy weekend business :) The joys of being a mommy....love ya'll!
I think every parent has to lock their kid in the car at least once (I did it with shay when she was about 6 months) and the tow truck was there in like 5 minutes and shay was smiling the whole time! Anyway, I know how that feels and how the fire stuff is - that has happened to me with a few close calls! Glad you are okay and hope the cactus all comes out ): crazy weekend!
Oh my goodness! That is one stressful weekend! I cannot believe all of the fires right there! So scary! I never thought there would be wildfires in brea, yorba and such! so crazy! Stay safe and we're praying for little Jer's foot.
Post a Comment