His foot was all scaly and he has a lot of leg hair....to cute...I loved his little leg!

The cast is officially off...it was pretty NASTY after 4 weeks. Jeremiah did amazing and the first thing he did was JUMP (isn't that why he broke his leg???? YEP). I found out that it was actually a break in the growth plate, which is a little scarier because they have to watch it to make sure it heals correctly or there could be major problems. The doctor said he is not worried at all....which is good to hear. We will go back in 1 week (to make sure it is ok) and also back in 3 months to do some x-rays and check the growth. After about 5 minutes of having it off....Jeremiah actually asked me to put it back on...to funny. My only concerns are (I have never dealt with a broken bone before and that is why) is....he still limps a little/doesn't use it fully (I know it has only been 2 days), he can't run as fast as he used to (yet) and his foot is still slightly turned out (because they casted it that way). The doctor's office didn't seem worried at all and said it could take about 7 days for him to get back to full mobility. Has anyone experienced a leg break and did that happen to you/child? I just pray that he gets right back to his normal running self...I am sure he will. Thanks for all the prayers....it was MUCH appreciated and he did amazing through out the 4 week process (which I know is totally from the Lord).



0 comments:
Post a Comment