4.10.2008

Muscular Dystrophy

Hey Everyone,
Kyle ran a call last week on a 15 year old boy that is dieing of Muscular Dystrophy....the paramedics had to hold the boys head up because he couldn't even do that himself. Kyle said the worst part is that he is fully aware of everything going on but physically he cannot do a single thing. To say the least it BROKE Kyle's heart!!!
This Thursday, Friday & Saturday Loma Linda Fire Station is doing a "FILL THE BOOT" for the local Muscular Dystrophy association. The money donated to the association goes towards paying for these kids to go to a special camp where they can play and socialize with kids with the same disease. The camp makes it so every game, meal or craft....everyone (no matter how severe their Muscular Dystrophy is) can join in. Kyle and myself will be going down to Loma Linda on Saturday to participate in the "FILL THE BOOT". If anyone is interested in donating...I can take the money in when I go on Saturday. Please don't feel obligated, I just wanted to share Kyle's story and how horrible this disease is, because I myself (who worked in a hospital) didn't even know that much about the disease.
Much Love,
Chelle

0 comments: