11.10.2007

A very LONG week!!!

Starting Tuesday, I had EXTREMELY bad cramps in my abdomen and back...When I say it was Bad pain I mean it...it felt like the cramps/contractions you feel when you are in labor...but you DON'T get a baby at the end.
The pain lasted for 24 hours and then I decided to go to the ER (which I never do because I hate going there)...After a blood test and a CT scan it showed that I had Colitis (inflammation of the descending colon wall). They couldn't tell me why I had this problem and it is extremely rare to have it at my age, but none the less I had it. Now after five days of this problem, it has finally gotten to the point that I can stand somewhat straight up (rather than in a ball like I was) and I can eat regular food (thank goodness...cause I LOVE food). I had to go the the ER twice because of the pain that was not even being controlled by the pain meds at home. Thankfully I am feeling a little better but definitely not out of the woods yet....and I have to go see a gastroenterologist now...That should be FUN (not)!!!

*SORRY...NO PICTURES WITH THIS POST :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope everything works out okay! No fun! We missed you at Heathers's - but looked like you had a wedding to go to! Are you going to her Xmas Ornament exchange? Hope to see you there! Larissa