****
We arrived on Wednesday April 13th to Children's Hospital of L.A. and didn't really know what to expect. I previously had felt like the test spot didn't work as well as I had hoped so we needed to see what Dr. Sherwood thought before she would start treatment. If she needed to go up a lot then we would have to do another "test spot" and wait another 6 weeks but if we just went up a little then we could start treatment today. Once she looked at it she felt it did in fact fade slightly but she wanted to up it a little bit to 7 Joules (test spot was at 6.5 joules). Dr. Sherwood then put the topical numbing cream on Luke's port wine stain and covered it with a tegaderm (a plastic thing). She told me he may try to touch that spot so be careful....1 second later he had the entire thing ripped of and smeared the cream into his eye lashes (don't believe he got it in the eye). This child of mine is super quick and really strong so Dr. Sherwood reapplied the cream and asked to put him in arm restraints. When she said that I was thinking a straight jacket and I knew he wouldn't go for that however these were just little arm cast things that made it so he couldn't touch his face. During the hour we waited for the numbing cream to take effect we went and had lunch at McDonalds (my least favorite place...but we were hungry). Luke never once fussed or seemed like the cream of arm restraints were bothering him, God is good! Once the cream had set in we entered the laser room for treatment. I let Kyle go in with Luke and I stayed out with Jer. Once again I stood by the door and said a prayer while waiting for the crying! I kept hearing the beeping sound coming from the room but NEVER heard crying until the last second. He was totally fine just tired after the treatment so I nursed him and changed his diaper and he was OUT! Overall I believe it went amazing......now it's just a waiting game to see how well it works :).



0 comments:
Post a Comment