12.19.2010

Luke's Birth....

Daddy in the "father/baby unit"...LOL



about an hour after birth.....after his skin to skin of coarse :)
me and my mommy....she was my birth doula
minutes after birth....and I actually delivered him (well kind of)
Our wonderful Dr. Zepeda!!!

September 25th-

5pm: I was sitting at my computer when I started having braxton hicks contractions about 5 minutes apart. They weren't painful so I thought maybe they would go away like all the other ones had. This would not be the first time that I had braxton hicks 5 min. apart....I regularly had these contractions.

6pm: We sat down for a family dinner of spaghetti where I told Kyle I had been having contractions for the last hour....but still NO PAIN! We regularly went on bike rides after dinner however I didn't want a bike ride to slow them down considering I was already 6 days late. I called my mom and she said go ahead and go on the bike ride. On our way back we stopped at our neighbors house to chat, there they started getting a little stronger...but still not much pain.

9pm: Put Jeremiah down to sleep and made sure his bag was packed in case if these kept coming and got stronger. I know you are thinking...WOW 4 hours of contractions 5 minutes apart and she think they may go away. I had had many episodes of Braxton hicks for 12 hours straight...5 minutes apart! Luke was a little tease and had NO INTENTION of exiting my belly if he didn't have to :).


September 26th-


12am: Me and Kyle were finishing watching some episodes of Modern Family on the computer and they were starting to get GOOD at this point. I could still laugh a ton (so I knew he wouldn't fall out any time soon) but I did need to let my belly hang during the contractions. I told Kyle to go to bed, since it could be many hours of this putsy putsy labor. While Kyle was brushing his teeth I came in the bathroom to touch up my makeup (yeah you read that right...LOL). He asked me what I was doing and I said "well these don't seem like they are going to go away so might as well get ready and then try to nap"...HEHE. We both climbed into bed....him sleepy and me working through the contractions.

2am: I decided to wake up Kyle (since they were getting really strong) and I called my mom to come over and help me find a position to labor in that felt good (she is a birth doula). At the moment I was bent over leaning on my bed with my belly hanging and my hips rocking. It felt the best and I could move around. Now keep in mind I was in labor for 24 hours with my first child and at this point they have only been uncomfortable for about 2 hours (NOTHING time wise). Kyle is looking a little confused that just 2 hours ago I was watching TV, Laughing and putting on make up and now I am calling my mom over cause it's getting really uncomfortable. I have figured out with Luke's labor that I really prefer to labor on my own. I don't mind other people in the room and my mom and Kyle were a huge help but I feel really comfortable all by my self (hence why I didn't wake up Kyle til they were really good). He thought surely this would take a little longer to get to this point and I also thought so. At this time (2am) I didn't think I was ANYWHERE close to going to the hospital since it had only been 2 hours of discomfort.

2:30am- Jeremiah woke up and wanted me to lay back down with him...UMM...NO!!!! I tried but every couple of minutes a contraction would hit and then I would start making noise, moving back and forth and let's just say Jeremiah wasn't about to fall asleep to that. My mom and sister Amanda arrived right around this time. Amanda busted out the portable DVD player, popped in a movie and her and Jer sat on his bed watching a movie. Kyle was calmly moving Jer's car seat into my mom's car, taking bags out to the car and getting stuff ready to leave. My husband does not run for anything...not even a house on fire and he is a fire fighter so this did not surprise me in the slightest that he was not running around like a chicken with his head cut off. My mom quickly told Kyle we needed to start heading to the hospital because my contractions were 2 to 3 minutes apart.

3am- arrived at the hospital! Once I got all hooked up they checked me and I was a 5cm (I believe...I didn't really care at the time). The nurse (had great intentions) but unfortunately kept me on the doppler for 45 minutes trying to see a decel (I believe) so I was trying to labor sitting on a bed. Once they got the doppler off of me I was able to get back into my favorite laboring position which is leaning over something (edge of bed, table, couch).

5:30am (or 6:30am..don't know)- I was DONE (aka TRANSITION).....I couldn't find a comfortable position and I just wanted to be done with it all. There was a HUGE part of me that really wanted to tough it out because I knew it was best for me and Luke however there was also a part of me that wanted the pain to GO AWAY and enjoy watching him make his entrance. So after thinking about my choices for a couple minutes I decided I wanted the epidural. Praise God it went well and there were no lasting effects on me or Luke...God is good. I was 7 cm at this point but progressing SUPER fast.

7:53am- After just 1 to 2 hours after the epidural, 8 hours of active labor and 3 pushes he arrived and I had the opportunity to deliver him...YES the doctor let me pull him out. That was such a neat experience :). We were in LOVE instantly and could not stop kissing him!!! He is such a huge blessing in our lives and we are just in awe of how good God is!

Luke Paul Crecelius
9 Pounds 9 ounces
22 inches long

1 comments:

Kristi said...

on December 25th??